|Our vice president, brewing hard...|
We will also share a short presentation on the differences between lagers (what most people drink) and ales (what most people brew), and offer pointers on what styles of beer best match your personal preferences. A "quick and dirty" guide* is available online and at the event, as well as books, magazines, catalogs, and other resources.
We will also have the grill going -- please feel free to bring meat to grill for lunch or snacks for the good of the order! Look forward to seeing you there. God bless!
Random/useful beer style resources**:
- What's the Difference Between Ales and Lagers?
- All About Lager Styles: Pilsners, Bocks, Marzen, and Light Beers
- All About British & North American Style Ales
- All About Weizen and Wheat Ale Styles
- All About Stout & Porter Ale Styles
- Beer Judge Certification Program Style Guidelines
* * * * *
*Please note that this guide is not an expert take on beer styles, but rather a useful starting point from which we can begin to talk about what guys like and don't like. (It's also based on my own opinions.)
**Underscoring the differences of opinion, even among experts...